Date 1st October 2015
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognises “do-not-track” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- make and change your restaurant reservations made through our Sites;
- offer you, or provide you with, products and services
- operate and improve our Sites, products and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalise and customise your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products and services, such as understanding your dining history to make recommendations about other restaurants you may like;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- display relevant advertising;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by ActiveBookings, our subsidiaries and affiliates, select restaurants and our other selected partners;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- authenticate your credit or debit card account information; and
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information Shared With Restaurants
When you make a Restaurant reservation through our Sites, your information is provided to us and certain information is provided to the restaurants with whom you choose to reserve. In order to facilitate your reservation, certain information is provided to that restaurant, just as it would if you made a reservation by calling the restaurant, emailing the restaurant or using the restaurant’s website. If you provide a mobile phone number, restaurants may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Some restaurants also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your reservation. When you make a restaurant reservation through our Sites, we may also share with the restaurants additional information such as information about your dining preferences and history, or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms. You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your reservation that ActiveBookings will pass on to that restaurant.
We may share with restaurants summary reports of feedback from diners. If you provide comments about a restaurant through our Sites, these comments may be shared with that restaurant. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a restaurant may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information such as an email address.
Information you choose to share with a restaurant when you make a reservation through our Sites may be used by the restaurant for its own purposes. ActiveBookings does not control the privacy practices of restaurants. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
Information You Share Socially
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which ActiveBookings has a presence.
Please be mindful of your own privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. ActiveBookings also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
Sharing with Others
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share personal information when you authorise us to share your information with other third parties (such as the restaurants at which you make reservations through our Sites) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
- We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us. Such third-party vendors may include vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites.
- We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit or set their own cookies. We and our third party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
- We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ActiveBookings takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving marketing and promotional messages from ActiveBookings by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as messages about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties to our contact information below.
Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
You are entitled to know what personal data we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification.
For questions about accessing, changing or deleting your personal information visit http://www.ActiveBookings.co.uk or contact customer support via email at contact@ActiveBookings.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY